Business Analytics Developer
Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience)
Peak Indicators is an award-winning Business Analytics consultancy based in Chesterfield. We specialise in cloud-based business intelligence, data warehousing and advanced analytics solutions.
We are looking to continue the expansion of our Analytics Services team with the appointment of an experienced Business Analytics Developer. Reporting directly to the Services Director, you will be expected to take the technical lead in the design, development and deployment of analytics applications on behalf of our diverse portfolio of national and international clients.
You will be joining an experienced team but will be expected to work independently in a demanding technical environment.
- Working closely with clients to understand their data and analytics requirements to achieve their business objectives.
- Ability to design, at the logical and physical level, robust and performant data warehouse and data integration strategies that support our customers’ analytical objectives.
- Supporting and mentoring junior resources in the development of business analytics applications.
- Ability operate as a “Scrum Master” within an Agile delivery model.
The perfect candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience:
- Designing and developing data warehouse solutions.
- Designing data integration strategies (experience of tools such as Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica, Talend would be useful).
- Designing front end analytical applications using tools such as Oracle BI, Qlik, Tableau.
- Strong SQL/PL-SQL skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
- Superb organisation and time-management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for Business Analytics.
Desirable, but not required:
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark and other Open Source analytical tools.
- Understanding of data-mining algorithms.
- Annual performance review and salary review.
- Flexible working and the option to work from home.
- Company pension scheme with contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance & Gym Membership Scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- 28 days annual leave, in addition to all UK public holidays.
- Regular, fully-subsidised staff nights out.
- Regular office treats like pizza and cakes.
- Car parking.
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- A great working environment