The bootcamp at Peak Indicators welcomes a new graduate intake to the team every year. The program started in 2010 and has experienced many successful iterations, collecting annual feedback to help fine tune the training and incorporate the new graduates into the peak family.
At Peak Indicators, we put an emphasis on investing in our graduates, training them from the ground up and giving them adequate experience in all aspects of business intelligence.
Applications open for 2020 (Commencing early December 2019).Apply for Bootcamp
Perks of Peak
Situated in the heart of the Peak District, the office sits in the centre of Chesterfield, a short distance from various transport connections including Chesterfield train station; the bus service and scenic cycle routes.
Peak Indicators makes use of the location to encourage a healthy lifestyle by sponsoring a cycling scheme and subsidising a gym membership. The company is registered on the Fuell fitness app, which gives employees the option to track their activities over the month and gain points accordingly. A monthly competition takes place on top of this where the individual with the most points can choose a charity which Peak will donate £50 to on their behalf.
Other health initiatives include a private healthcare subscription; covering travel, dental and optical care, and an enhanced sick pay period.
- Excellent transport links
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Fuel fitness app competitions with monthly charity donations
- Private Healthcare subscription
- Perkbox subscription
- Flexible working
- Regular knowledge transfers and collaborative learning
- An enhanced pension scheme
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- A comfortable and exciting working environment
- Many more!
Grad Bootcamp Breakdown
- Team building exercises
- An introduction to the company, what we do and what we strive to accomplish
- An introduction to analytics, Data Science, Data Warehousing and SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Data Modelling and a guide to active Peak Indicators projects; including talks from the various teams on their different projects throughout the company
- Creating reports and dashboards on various BI tools
- Case study - This requires graduates to pair up and solve a realistic problem in a proof-of-concept style. The Peak Indicators team acts as the customer and critiques the work the graduates complete. This is a fun task, designed to enhance your learning and combine what you have learned in a challenging environment
Joined Peak: September 2018
My first week of bootcamp was great, meeting loads of new people and learning lots of new skills. It was only day 3 when we went for a lovely meal with the previous year's intake to socialise and take a short break from the office. Upon completion I was placed on the Managed Services team where I was taught how the company monitors and maintains the various infrastructure of both our network and that of our clients. I particularly enjoyed partaking in the weekly bake-off competition where we would bake something at home and compete for the star baker.
Joined Peak: September 2019
My first 8 weeks at Peak have been fab! Bootcamp was lots of fun; it was great to get to know everyone and understand what everyone does. After Bootcamp I was placed on the Power BI and Birst team. I've absolutely loved combining the data driven skills I learnt in bootcamp with my creativity, to create useful dashboards for clients. Everyone at Peak, has been so helpful, starting a grad scheme can be intimidating but here it has been an absolute joy and I enjoy coming into work everyday. The social side to peak has to be the highlight, I've already made some amazing friends and I can't wait to continue that into the future.
Joined Peak: September 2017
Having graduated the Graduate Bootcamp at Peak I started working on a project for a bank using HR data. I’ve had great exposure to all aspects of the project, front end, project planning and some back-end work. I’ve been able to learn a lot and document the skills I’ve picked up to share knowledge with the wider team. My favourite day of the year at Peak is Team Day where Peak treats us to an event and the whole team (everyone at the hub, people who work from home etc) all get to come together and spend the day together.
Joined Peak: September 2016
Since joining Peak, I have been involved in a really interesting project for a large bank that has developed my skills from initially doing front end development all the way to working on ETL components. Peak have been really good at allowing me to follow my interests and this has only increased my skill base. Peak are also really good in the community and are always looking for ways to give back. Overall Peak is a great workplace and everyone is very welcoming and makes it very easy to settle into a great work environment.